Welcome to the Secret Solstice Festival 2017 Volunteer Info Section. Here you can get basic info about what being a Volunteer entails and introduce yourself to the basics of the process. We look forward to your participation.
What does being a volunteer at Secret Solstice entail:
- All volunteer crews except for Site-Art and Management Support Staff have to do 2 x 8 hour shifts for their festival wristband.
- Site-Art volunteers work before or after the festival and have the choice of doing either 3 x 8 hour shifts for a standard festival wristband or 6 x 8 hour shifts for 2 standard festival wristbands or a one V.I.P festival wristband.
- You’ll be provided with all the necessary equipment for your placement.
- You’ll receive a Secret Solstice 2017 Volunteer T-Shirt before your placement. It’s mandatory to wear the Volunteer T-Shirt during your shifts and you get to keep it after your placement is finished.
- You will be provided with a detailed information package about the festival site and your responsbilities in advance to the festival. It’s recommended that you introduce yourself to the information provided to familiarise yourself with your role.
- You will receive your full work order and shifts 3 (unless in case of late sign-in) weeks before the festival.
- Please note that you might be required to assist other crews and festival staff if the need arises.
- Be advised that you will need to show up for your shift 15-30 minutes in advance to get accredited.
- You’ll get accredited every day when you show up for your shift and after you’ve finished your shift you will be accredited with a single-day wristband so you can enjoy your free time at the festival (same applies to camping if you require accommodation).
- If you have finished your placement you’ll get a full festival wristband. This is done to ensure that volunteers finish their work placement.
- Please join the Secret Solstice Volunteer Facebook group here. There you have a direct link to management for whatever questions or further information you might need.
- If for any reason you realize that you will not be able to attend the event as a volunteer, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a contact number so you can reach management 3 weeks before the festival.
What benefits do you get for volunteering at Secret Solstice 2017:
- You receive a festival wristband to Secret Solstice 2017.
- You get a Secret Solstice 2017 volunteer t-shirt to keep as memorabilia.
- All volunteers that successfully complete their shifts get a Volunteer Certificate for their CV.
- 1 meal per shift.
- Access to the Staff/Volunteer rest area with complimentary refreshments.
- Discounts from selected vendors and festival partners (more information will be available soon)
- Volunteers with residency outside Iceland and/or the greater Reykjavík area (Kópavogur, Hafnarfjörður, Garðabær, Bessastaðahreppur, Kjósahreppur, Mosfellsbær and Seltjarnarnes) receive a free camping pass.
- Volunteers receive a 15% discount on pre-pitched camping tents from our partner Rent-A-Tent.
- Volunteers with residency outside of Iceland receive a 5% discount on return flights through our airline partner WOWair.
- Volunteers receive discounted rates on rental cars through our partner Europcar
Registration and application finalisation:
- Registration is open from the 11th of January 2017 until the 1st of June 2017 but there is a good chance it will be closed sooner.
- To be confirmed as a Volunteer you will have to have paid your Volunteer Deposit Ticket. The ticket is reimbursed after you have finished your allocated shifts. You have to send the confirmation from the ticketing agent to finalize your sign-up.
NOTE: As there are currency restrictions in effect in Iceland we advice applicants with Icelandic bank accounts and credit cards to purchase the Volunteer Deposit Ticket from Tix and applicants with international bank accounts and credit cards to purchase the Volunteer Deposit Ticket from Eventbrite. This ensures a quicker reimbursement process of the deposit to your credit card.
For information on the Volunteer Deposit ticket for Icelandic residents from Tix please click here.
For information on the Volunteer Deposit ticket for international applicants from Eventbrite please click here.
- Foreign applicants must provide us with a confirmation of flight details to finalize their application.
Now that we’ve gotten the speech out of the way please introduce yourself to the roles available and application forms. Happy trails!