Secret Solstice 2018 Volunteer Deposit Ticket.
All applicants for volunteering at Secret Solstice 2018 (except for Management Support Staff and Site Art Crew do all their shifts before the festival) will have to pay for a Volunteer Deposit Ticket 6 weeks before the event. Providing the deposit confirms your placement.
Why have you introduced Volunteer Deposit Tickets?
Volunteers are vital for the operation of the festival but as there is a limited amount of positions available for volunteering we need to ensure that successful applicants show up and finish their shifts for the festival to run smoothly.
How much is a Volunteer Deposit Ticket?
The ticket costs 15900 ISK / 135 EUR.
Where do I purchase a Volunteer Deposit Ticket?
After you signup and get approved for a volunteer position we will send you a link to the Volunteer Deposit Ticket purchase site. Please note that the Volunteer Deposit Ticket can only be paid with a credit card and will only be refunded to the same credit card as the purchase was made with so make sure that your credit card is valid until the 10th of July 2018.
In the event that I would have to cancel my placement will my Volunteer Deposit Ticket be refunded?
- In case of cancellation up to 3 weeks before the event the deposit is refunded excluding a 1000 ISK / 8 EUR processing fee. Your deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
- In case of cancellation within 3 weeks from the event the deposit is refunded except for a cancellation fee of 75 EUR (60 EUR is refunded). The deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
- In case of cancellation within 3 weeks from the event because of health reasons or another emergency you will have to provide proof of the reason (i.e a certificate from a doctor) and your Volunteer Deposit Ticket will be refunded.
Will my Volunteer Deposit Ticket guarantee me a place at Secret Solstice 2018?
As soon as you have provided your deposit you will have finalised your sign-up and are guaranteed a position.
When will I find out if my application has been successful?
You will receive an email shortly after sign-up confirming if we have any available positions.
Under what circumstances might my Volunteer Deposit Ticket not be reimbursed?
- You fail to turn up for the event or shift.
- You fail to undertake your responsibilities during the event.
- You show up in a state deemed not fit for work i.e under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You turn up late for your shift without informing Volunteer Management.
- If you fail finish your shift.
- You are disruptive on site at any time during the festival.
- You are asked to leave site by Volunteer Management or Security for any reason.
- You lose or deface any equipment/uniform given to you by the festival.
- Please note that the Volunteer Deposit Ticket can only be paid with a credit card and will only be refunded to the same credit card as the purchase was made with so make sure that your credit card is valid until the 10th of July 2018.
What happens if I apply within 3 weeks prior to the event?
If you make a late application to volunteer at a Secret Solstice 2017 (within 3 weeks of the event, so therefore after the cancellation deadline) you will have to provide your deposit when you sign-up and in case of cancellation you will receive your deposit back less a cancellation fee of 9000 ISK / 75 EUR (6990 ISK / 60 EUR will be returned).
When will my deposit be refunded in case of cancellation?
In case of cancellation your deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
When will my deposit be refunded after finishing shifts?
Your deposit will be refunded before or on the 10th of July 2018.
Volunteer Deposit Ticket disclaimer.
Please note that the Volunteer Deposit Ticket can only be paid with a credit or a debit card with a CVS number and will only be refunded to the same credit or a debit card as the purchase was made with so make sure that your credit card is valid until the 10th of July 2018.