Welcome to the Secret Solstice Festival 2018 Volunteer Info Section. Here you can get basic info about what being a Volunteer entails and introduce yourself to the basics of the process. We look forward to your participation.
What does being a volunteer at Secret Solstice entail:
- All volunteer crews except for Site-Art and Management Support Staff have to do 2 x 8 hour shifts for their festival wristband.
- Site-Art volunteers work before or after the festival and have the choice of doing either 3 x 8 hour shifts for a standard festival wristband or 6 x 8 hour shifts for 2 standard festival wristbands or a one V.I.P festival wristband.
- You’ll be provided with all the necessary equipment for your placement.
- You’ll receive a Secret Solstice 2018 Volunteer T-Shirt before your placement. It’s mandatory to wear the Volunteer T-Shirt during your shifts and you get to keep it after your placement is finished.
- You will be provided with a detailed information package about the festival site and your responsilities in advance to the festival. It’s recommended that you introduce yourself to the information provided to familiarise yourself with your role.
- You will receive your full work order and shifts 3 (unless in case of late sign-in) weeks before the festival.
- Please note that you might be required to assist other crews and festival staff if the need arises.
- Be advised that you will need to show up for your shift 15-30 minutes in advance to get accredited.
- You’ll get accredited every day when you show up for your shift and after you’ve finished your shift you will be accredited with a single-day wristband so you can enjoy your free time at the festival (same applies to camping if you require accommodation).
- If you have finished your placement you’ll get a full festival wristband. This is done to ensure that volunteers finish their work placement.
- Please join the Secret Solstice Volunteer Facebook group here. There you have a direct link to management for whatever questions or further information you might need.
- If for any reason you realise that you will not be able to attend the event as a volunteer, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a contact number so you can reach management 3 weeks before the festival.
What benefits do you get for volunteering at Secret Solstice 2018:
- You receive a festival wristband to Secret Solstice 2018.
- You get a Secret Solstice 2018 volunteer t-shirt to keep as memorabilia.
- All volunteers that successfully complete their shifts get a Volunteer Certificate for their CV.
- 1 meal per shift.
- Access to the Staff/Volunteer rest area with complimentary refreshments.
- Discounts from selected vendors and festival partners (more information will be available soon)
- Volunteers with residency outside Iceland and/or the greater Reykjavík area (Kópavogur, Hafnarfjörður, Garðabær, Bessastaðahreppur, Kjósahreppur, Mosfellsbær and Seltjarnarnes) receive a free camping pass.
- Volunteers receive a 15% discount on pre-pitched camping tents from our partner Rent-A-Tent.
Registration and application finalisation:
- Registration is open from the 23rd of January 2018 until the 1st of May 2018 but there is a good chance it will be closed sooner.
- To be confirmed as a Volunteer you will have to have paid your Volunteer Deposit Ticket. The ticket is reimbursed after you have finished your allocated shifts. You have to send the confirmation from the ticketing agent to finalise your sign-up.
NOTE: More information on the Volunteer Deposit ticket is available here.
- Foreign applicants must provide us with a confirmation of flight details to finalise their application.
Now that we’ve gotten the speech out of the way please introduce yourself to the roles available and application forms. Happy trails!