Secret Solstice 2015 Volunteer Deposit Ticket.
All applicants for volunteering at Secret Solstice 2015 (except for Management Support Staff and Site Build Crew) will have to pay for a Volunteer Deposit Ticket 6 weeks before the event. Providing the deposit confirms your placement.
Why have you introduced Volunteer Deposit Tickets?
Volunteers are vital for the operation of the festival but as there is a limited amount of positions available for volunteering we need to ensure that successful applicants show up and finish their shifts for the festival to run smoothly.
How much is a Volunteer Deposit Ticket?
The ticket costs 15900 ISK. 1000 ISK is a non-refundable administration fee.
In the event that I would have to cancel my placement will my Volunteer Deposit Ticket be refunded?
- In case of cancellation up to 3 weeks before the event the deposit is refunded except for the 1000 ISK administration fee. Your deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
- In case of cancellation within 3 weeks from the event the deposit is refunded except for a cancellation fee of 9000 ISK (6900 ISK is refunded). The deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
- In case of cancellation within 3 weeks from the event because of health reasons or another emergency you will have to provide proof of the reason (i.e a certificate from a doctor) and your Volunteer Deposit Ticket will be refunded except for 1000 ISK administration fee.
Will my Volunteer Deposit Ticket guarantee me a place at Secret Solstice 2015?
As soon as you have provided your deposit you will have finalized your sign-up and are guaranteed a position.
When will I find out if my application has been successful?
You will receive an email shortly after sign-up confirming if we have any available positions.
Under what circumstances might my Volunteer Deposit Ticket not be reimbursed?
- You fail to turn up for the event or shift.
- You fail to undertake your responsibilities during the event.
- You show up in a state deemed not fit for work i.e under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You turn up late for your shift without informing Volunteer Management.
- If you fail finish your shift.
- You are disruptive on site at any time during the festival.
- You are asked to leave site by Volunteer Management or Security for any reason.
- You lose or deface any equipment/uniform given to you by the festival.
What happens if I apply within 3 weeks prior to the event?
If you make a late application to volunteer at a Secret Solstice 2015 (within 3 weeks of the event, so therefore after the cancellation deadline) you will have to provide your deposit when you sign-up and in case of cancellation you will receive your deposit back less a cancellation fee of 9000 ISK (6990 ISK will be returned).
When will my deposit be refunded in case of cancellation?
In case of cancellation your deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks.
When will my deposit be refunded after finishing shifts?
Your deposit will be refunded on the 26th of June 2015.