Want to join our Secret Solstice Volunteer team? We’re excited to hear from you!
Click the link below to find your role, fill out your form and join our super team in Iceland.
If need more information about what being a volunteer at our festival is all about, please see below. We look forward to receiving your application.
Volunteer Roles Information
Please note that the available roles on the page are split into 3 different segments Management Support Staff/Longterm Volunteering Roles, Festival Volunteer Roles and Pre-Festival Volunteer Roles.
Management Support Staff / Longterm Volunteering Roles
We’re looking for a team of hardworking and dedicated people to come in to support the festival delivery team. This is a work placement volunteer position that is suitable for somebody looking for work experience and to gain and learn valuable event delivery skill sets from an experienced event delivery team. This position is for hardworking individuals with good communication skills and administrative skills. Candidates applying for these positions need to submit their CV’s or give valuable information that will help us assess if you are the right person for the job.
You will receive a special access Wristband. At the end of your placement you will be assessed by your work placement manager and given a written reference that you will be able to accompany your CV as a valuable experience reference.
What does being a volunteer at Secret Solstice entail:
- All volunteer crews except for Management Support Staff have to do 1 x 8 hour shifts for their festival wristband with the option to do an extra 1 x 8 hour shift before, during or after the festival for a V.I.P festival wristband.
- You’ll be provided with all the necessary equipment for your placement.
- You’ll receive a Secret Solstice 2019 Volunteer T-Shirt before your placement. It’s mandatory to wear the Volunteer T-Shirt during your shifts and you get to keep it after your placement is finished.
- You will be provided with a detailed information package about the festival site and your responsibilities in advance to the festival. It’s recommended that you introduce yourself to the information provided to familiarise yourself with your role.
- You will receive your full work order and shifts 3 (unless in case of late sign-in) weeks before the festival.
- Please note that you might be required to assist other crews and festival staff if the need arises.
- Be advised that you will need to show up for your shift 15-30 minutes in advance to get accredited.
- You’ll get accredited every day when you show up for your shift and after you’ve finished your shift you will be accredited with a single-day wristband so you can enjoy your free time at the festival (same applies to camping if you require accommodation).
- If you have finished your placement you’ll get a full festival wristband. This is done to ensure that volunteers finish their work placement.
- Please join the Secret Solstice Volunteer Facebook group here. There you have a direct link to management for whatever questions or further information you might need.
- If for any reason you realise that you will not be able to attend the event as a volunteer, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a contact number so you can reach management 3 weeks before the festival.
What benefits do you get for volunteering at Secret Solstice 2019:
- You receive a festival wristband to Secret Solstice 2019.
- You get a Secret Solstice 2019 volunteer t-shirt to keep as memorabilia.
- All volunteers that successfully complete their shifts get a Volunteer Certificate for their CV.
- 1 sandwich per shift.
- Access to the Staff/Volunteer rest area with complimentary refreshments.
- Discounts from selected vendors and festival partners (more information will be available soon)
- Volunteers with residency outside Iceland and/or the greater Reykjavík area (Kópavogur, Hafnarfjörður, Garðabær, Bessastaðahreppur, Kjósahreppur, Mosfellsbær and Seltjarnarnes) receive a free camping pass.
Registration and application finalisation:
- Registration is open from the 6th of March 2019 until the 1st of June 2019 but there is a good chance it will be closed sooner.
- To be confirmed as a Volunteer you will have to have paid your Volunteer Deposit Ticket. The ticket is reimbursed after you have finished your allocated shifts. You have to send the confirmation from the ticketing agent to finalise your sign-up.
NOTE: More information on the Volunteer Deposit ticket is available here.
- Foreign applicants must provide us with a confirmation of flight details to finalise their application.
Now that we’ve gotten the speech out of the way please introduce yourself to the roles available and application forms. Happy trails!